5 Reasons to Start Crafting Your Linkedin Biography Right Away
There are great reasons to create an impressive biography immediately whether you’re a professional or a student. LinkedIn bio is a valuable writing piece that can be used for purposes, including networking, job applications, and internships. For this reason, you should put careful planning, thought and execution in writing a LinkedIn bio. Here are some reasons to start creating an impressive bio that people will read.
- Networking: Real estate agents, doctors, and other professionals know the importance of a good network. As they say, “it is not about who you know but who knows you.” In networking with fellow professionals (and even students), you will be able to build connections and relationships with people on the same page or with the same passion, interest, hobbies and other related, similar ways. With a greatly crafted LinkedIn bio, more people will discover your profile and become interested to know you further. Using good writing a great LinkedIn profile for networking, you can connect with more people that might be now or in the future be valuable connections in job seeking or any other endeavors, like a business.
- Job seeking: In the world of job recruitment, those who are competitive enough and can show their potential value or worth for an organization, firm or company might be able to gain the edge and get that job application success. It also the exact same reason that you need to figure out ways to write a professional biography LinkedIn that will capture the attention of the recruiters and hiring managers.
- Internships: If you’re a nursing student or someone looking for an internship opportunity, you should work on your LI bio that should show potential recruiters how you deserve to be an intern in their organization or company. However, you should create a targeted LI bio that is precise and succinct enough to show your value to the potential recruiters. The LI bio will help you land internship programs, which can help you build your career in your field.
- Branding: Whether you’re a company owner, an executive director bio or someone trying to build your credibility and integrity for potential business partners, clients or customers, you can use a well-crafted biography to display your attributes or characteristics that make you worth to do business with you over the competitors. Branding is one of the benefits of having an impressive bio in LinkedIn, so you should create one immediately to display why you’re worth to connect and deal with for their business.
- Business opportunities: If you’re seeking for more businesses and investors, you can also use a LinkedIn biography. LinkedIn is where potential business partners, customers, and clients can find and network with you. It is also a valuable tool for freelancers, including writers and web designers because potential clients looking to hire their services can find them on the platform using the bio.
10 Quick Tips on How to Write an Unforgettable Linkedin Bio
If you’re looking for ways on how to write a LinkedIn bio, you should learn of tips on how to write an impressive and memorable LinkedIn bio profile that will make a mark and leave a good impression to its readers.
- State the person that you are. You should keep the profile basic and easy to read with only the relevant information to include. What is your identity and how can you help others? It will be useful to include a brief description of yourself. You should keep the profile bio brief and succinct with well-selected words.
- Think about your audience. You should make it appealing for the person that will read the bio, such as a recruiter, hiring manager or HR professional.
- Optimize your profile for the search engines. After all, the profile is on Google and search engines. It must be found because recruiters and other professionals search on the net and on LinkedIn to find suitable talents for their needs. For one, you must include keywords in your profile summary.
- Use a good headshot. It must be in a clear background. This photo is not the one you’re using on social media like Facebook. LinkedIn is different. It must be a professional photo that is the one to put a face to your profile. Thus, it should also be inviting for others that will read your profile. This LinkedIn profile optimization should be one of the main priorities in writing your bio.
- Write a headline but not your job title. The job title must be in the experience section. You should use the headline on top of the profile and below your name. Give the readers a short glimpse of your skills and background. You can use the headline section to tell them where you are and where you’re going.
- In writing a great LinkedIn profile, you should also aim at writing an interesting summary. It is longer than your headline. This section is about 2000 characters. However, do not delve into just past professional experience but on your best skills. You should also highlight the things you can bring to the table. You can use crucial keywords here to write the summary.
- Write about your professional experience. Don’t just cut and paste your resume onto the LinkedIn profile. Also, you have to remember that internet readers have a short attention span. Use great action words that will show what you accomplished for every position you have listed. You can also add up to four impressive bullet points for each job listed.
- Add a background photo or cover on the profile. It must speak to your personality or profession. In writing a LinkedIn bio, it is one of the tips to remember so that you can make an impressive profile.
- Start making connections. Keep connecting to people to become more visible in the social media site. After all, LinkedIn is a professional networking site. Use it to your advantage to grow your network.
- Do not forget to ask for recommendations for professional networking. For a more impressive profile, you should also ask for recommendations and endorsements. These recommendations can make your profile stand out over others in the same niche.
Effective Ways to Optimize Your Linkedin Profile and Advance Your Career Prospects
Check out the following for ways on how to optimize your profile like a financial planner bio or employment-oriented service professional to make it stand out.
- Optimize the headline.
- Use a custom URL like your name.
- Build a reputation with recommendations.
- Use a professional photo.
- Use keywords relevant to your profession.
- Complete every section.
- Add skills.
- Keep your page active.
- Rearrange your profile.
- Add links to projects or your website.
- Publish long-form posts.
Linkedin Summary Template That Can Be Used for Customization of Your Own Bio
The following are the most essential components of a successful LinkedIn bio template or bio on LinkedIn.
- Good LinkedIn bio
- Headshot photo
- Headline or tagline
- Recommendations and suggestions
- Professional experience
- Skills and endorsements
- LinkedIn groups
- Written works or publications
There you have the essentials to remember in writing the LinkedIn bio and creative LinkedIn summaries. You can also refer to LinkedIn bio example for guidance on what or how to write a summary for LinkedIn.